In the present scenario, organisations have realized that being POSH compliant is not only about obeying the POSH-law, it also has crucial implications on business performance. One of the important steps of being POSH compliant is training the employees on the law, their rights and responsibilities. Here are a few things to keep in mind while planning to train your employees on POSH complaint:
• The training should be easy for everyone to understand regardless of their educational background or command over a language. The training should be preferably in the native language of the employee. This is critical for most blue-collared employees for the training to be effective.
• The information provided during the training should be legally accurate.
• Considering that the Prevention of Sexual Harassment is a serious topic, the training should be engaging.
• While training the employees on Sexual Harassment Prevention, it should cater to three categories — the employees, managers and the IC (Internal Committee). The training should be relevant to the audience. This is applicable regardless of whether it is in-person or virtual.
According to the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, any organization with 10 or more employees should form an Internal Committee who will handle sexual-harassment-related complaints. They have a set of rights and responsibilities and should be aware of them.
Steps for an organization to be POSH Compliant
The other steps for an organization to be POSH complaint with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal ) Act, 2013 are to:
1. Draft an organizational policy on the Prevention of Sexual Harassment.
2. Appoint an external member who has legal experience/knowledge in the space of women’s safety in the internal committee.
3. Provide training to all employees at all levels within the organisation regarding the identification of sexual harassment and their rights and responsibilities.
4. Include details about the number of POSH cases filed and the actions taken in the organization’s annual report.
Availing service from someone who has expertise in the area of POSH makes it easier on your organisation to be POSH compliant.
You may reach out to Succeed Technologies for effective training on being POSH Compliant. Our eLearning modules come in English and seven Indian languages like Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali and Hindi. eLearnPOSH, a product of Succeed Technologies, can help you to be compliant with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act.
Visit: eLearnPOSH — Prevention Of Sexual Harassment to know more.
Source: Handbook on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace by Government of India, Ministry of Women and Child Development
Link to the source PDF: Handbook on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
Leave a Reply