Online or classroom training?
The world is progressing at a faster pace and women too are keeping up with it. Their impact can be felt in all sectors of work and business. With the notable increase in the number of working women, there is also an increase in the cases of sexual harassment.
In India, the Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) act 2013, has been enacted to provide women a safe and secure environment at the workplace.
The POSH act 2013, aka Sexual Harassment of Women at workplace (prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013., has a mandatory provision, which states that each and every person in the workplace has to be aware of the consequences of sexual harassment. To ensure that the women work in a safe, secure and harassment-free environment, the Act places an obligation on the employer to create awareness among the employees and also constitute an internal committee (IC) for filing the complaints and their redressal.
To stay compliant with the Act, though many organizations prefer classroom training programs, online training is becoming popular for POSH awareness. What should your organization opt for? Online training or classroom training?
What should your organization opt for? POSH online training or classroom training?
To arrive at a convincing answer, let’s ask ourselves a few questions.
- Does your organization have a distributed workforce? Do your employees telecommute?
- Do you have lot of employee churn in your organization?
- How many awareness sessions do you conduct in a year for your employees? Do the repeat sessions cost you a lot?
- Do you have a need to conduct awareness training in regional languages?
- Do you conduct separate enablement sessions for IC members?
If the answer is yes for most of the questions, online training would be a better choice for your organization. Let’s see why?
- Distributive workforce: A person who works remotely, can complete the online training at his own time and pace without any difficulty.
- Employee churn: Whenever new employees join your organization (even if it is a single employee), they can be trained through online programs, without any delay.
- Repeated sessions: Online training courses are one-time investments. However large the number of employees may be, the employees can access the online training any number of times with no additional cost.
- Languages: If the employees in the organization have to be trained in regional languages, online training is a viable option.
- IC enablement sessions and refreshers: Handling sexual harassment related complaints come with its own challenges and it is important that IC members are properly trained and frequent refresher sessions are conducted for them. Online training makes this easy. Not just that, whenever there is an addition or replacement of IC members, online training can make the task simpler.
As you can see, POSH online training comes with its own benefits. The benefits of online POSH training outweigh that of classroom training because of the sensitive nature of the subject and the privacy it needs. A good POSH online training will not only save costs for an organization but will also prove to very effective.
In the present business era, compliance is the way towards business results. It is important to ensure that your organization has implemented all the steps towards Prevention of Sexual Harassment compliance.
We, at eLearnPOSH, are specialists in interactive and engaging POSH training courses. Our eLearning (POSH training) modules that use real-life scenarios and interactivities come in English and seven Indian languages like Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali and Hindi.
Visit https://elearnposh.com/ to know more.