POSH Act, 2013 mandates that an organization that has 10 or more employees must constitute an Internal Committee (IC) to handle and redress complaints on sexual harassment.
Order to be passed in writing:
To constitute an Internal Committee, the Employer must pass an order in writing. For example, if the organization is a private limited company, the order in writing for the constitution of an Internal Committee should be passed as a Board Resolution.
Sample Text for constitution of Internal Committee
RESOLVED THAT as per the provisions of Section 4 of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal Act, 2013, we hereby constitute the Internal Committee for our organization.
RESOLVED FURTHER THAT XXXX (Designation of the employee) shall be the Presiding Officer of the Committee.
RESOLVED FURTHER THAT ABCD (Designation of the employee) and MNOP (Designation of the employee) shall be the Internal Members.
RESOLVED FURTHER THAT RXOP (Occupation) shall be the External Member.
RESOLVED FURTHER THAT the Internal Committee members are hereby authorized to do the following:
- To draft the Sexual Harassment Policy for our organization
- To work towards providing a safe and respectful working environment
- Organize training and awareness programs (classroom / eLearning) at regular intervals
- To conduct meetings:
- When there is a complaint received in writing from any of the women employees,
- To settle grievances and
- To make sure there is appropriate compensation for any case of misconduct and sexual harassment
RESOLVED FURTHER THAT XXXXX, (Designation of the employee) is hereby authorized to do the following:
- Submission of application and other relevant documents to the concerned authorities / departments
- Declaration filing as required
- Authentication of documents related to the POSH Act
- Representation of the Company in connection to the issues related to the POSH Act
- Returns Filing as per the POSH Act
To know the more on Internal Committee members, do check out our “Ultimate POSH Guide for IC Members.”